batteriepiles Forum Index

batteriepiles

batteriepiles

PortalPortal  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  GBGuestbook  User PanelUser Panel  RegisterRegister 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  StatisticsStatistics  LinksLinks  Log inLog in 
 CalendarCalendar  DownloadsDownloads  Comments to your karmaComments to your karma  ToplistToplist  Recent topicsRecent topics  Voting forumVoting forum

Every once in a while, Chris Davis conjures mem
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
Bellroll33

Apprendista
Apprendista

Iscritti

italy
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019 03:59:02    Post subject:  Every once in a while, Chris Davis conjures mem
Description:

BALTIMORE -- Every once in a while, Chris Davis conjures memories of last season by effortlessly launching a baseball far over the outfield wall. Davis interrupted his frustrating season with such a moment Saturday, hitting a two-run homer off knuckleballer R.A. Dickey to carry the Baltimore Orioles past the skidding Toronto Blue Jays 3-2. Davis batted .286 with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs last year. This season, hes at .228 with 11 long balls and 33 RBIs. His work ethic, however, remains the same. "Theres no change in my approach. Ive been doing everything I can to try to get back to feeling good in the box," Davis said. "I felt the last couple of days Ive started to click a little bit. Didnt have a lot to show for it." Davis ended an 0-for-9 drought with a drive that put the Orioles up 3-1 in the fifth. "Big home run for the team in the situation, and the individual," teammate Adam Jones said. "Hes been grinding it out." Orioles starter Bud Norris (6-5) gave up one run and seven hits in 6 2-3 innings to win his third straight start. The right-hander extended an impressive run by Orioles starters, who have allowed two runs or fewer in 13 of the last 16 games. "Were all out there to help each other and get better," Norris said. "Right now were kind of cruising." After Toronto closed to 3-2 in the eighth, Zach Britton got three outs for his seventh save. Brett Lawrie had two hits and an RBI for the Blue Jays, who have lost six of eight. The AL East leaders have scored only six runs in those six defeats. "I thought we had pretty good ABs for the most part," catcher Josh Thole said. "Its tough when youre not getting guys in." Dickey (6-5) left with right groin tightness after allowing three runs, two earned, and six hits in 6 2-3 innings. It was the first time this season hes taken a loss when permitting as few as three runs. Dickey felt a twinge after getting Manny Machado out, then left after taking a practice pitch. "I didnt want to jeopardize my next start," Dickey said. "I was probably out of the game after that next batter, anyway. I decided it was probably in everybodys best interest to just call it a day." Toronto nearly got Dickey off the hook. In the seventh, Orioles reliever Darren ODay retired Melky Cabrera on a grounder with two outs and two on. One inning later, Jose Bautista was thrown out in a very close play at the plate while trying to score on a double by Edwin Encarnacion. Left fielder Nelson Cruz retrieved the ball and threw to shortstop J.J. Hardy, who fired the relay to catcher Nick Hundley. "The big play in the game was obviously the relay throw," Davis said. "That was a big hit for Encarnacion and a chance for them to get back into the game and get really good momentum in their dugout." Lawrie followed with an RBI single. The Blue Jays stranded nine and went 1 for 6 with runners in scoring position. "This has been a tough run here so we need to hopefully regroup," Thole said. "Were playing behind every night." With the score 1-all in the fifth, Jones hit a grounder to third. The throw by Juan Francisco bounced past first base, and Jones lightly pushed umpire Hunter Wendelstedt while rounding the bag. The umpire toppled backward onto the infield dirt but was not hurt. Davis followed by hitting a 1-0 pitch over the centre field wall and into the Baltimore bullpen. "We got burned by the home run ball," Toronto manager John Gibbons said. Earlier, Dickey got into trouble in the first inning when Nick Markakis led off with an infield hit and Machado doubled. But Jones, Davis and Cruz followed with popups. In the Toronto second, Norris hit Lawrie with a pitch before walking Thole with the bases loaded. Baltimore tied it in the fourth when Hundley delivered a sacrifice fly following singles by Delmon Young and Ryan Flaherty. NOTES: Toronto DH Adam Lind left with a bruised right foot. ... The Blue Jays activated RHP Sergio Santos (right elbow) from the DL and optioned OF Darin Mastroianni to Triple-A Buffalo. Santos was needed in the bullpen after LHP Brett Cecil left Fridays game with groin tightness. Cecil will rest for a few days before being reevaluated. ... Jones went 0 for 3 against Dickey and is 3 for 22 lifetime against the knuckleballer. ... Toronto is 34-17 when hitting a HR and 6-13 without one.
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
.? It was his second straight start for the Jets; he suffered a 1-0 loss against Minnesota Monday. So this season Hutchinson has now won games in the ECHL, AHL and NHL. He was perfect three- for-three in the shootout to nail down the win.
.C. Lions signed cornerback Dante Marsh to a contract extension on Friay and released receiver Paris Jackson.
. The former Toronto FC designated player played three of his 15 professional seasons with the team.
. Called on from the college ranks to replace Andy Reid, Kelly implemented a whole new atmosphere in the City of Brotherly Love and now has the Eagles in the playoffs for the first time since 2010.
. -- Jonathan Vilmas season is over and his future on the football field is in doubt.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - The weight of the wait is finally lifted from Brock Osweilers shoulders.Peyton Mannings third-year apprentice finally found the end zone in the Broncos season finale, throwing a 1-yard dart to tight end Virgil Green to cap Denvers 47-14 rout of the Raiders.It was very exciting. Im glad we got it out of the way, and hopefully there are a lot more to come, Osweiler said of his first career touchdown throw.Its just such an exciting moment. I know it was Virgils first touchdown as well, and hes put so much work into this organization and into his career, Osweiler said. The same goes for me, so to go out there and have a little fun at the end of the game really put a cap on the season.The TD also was sweet vindication for Osweiler, who had a poor performance two weeks earlier at San Diego in relief of a flu-ridden Manning.After Manning trotted into the tunnel for treatment on a strained thigh he blamed on dehydration, Osweiler went in with 87 seconds left in the first half and promptly fluttered a pass that was nearly picked off, then committed intentional grounding on his second snap.The Chargers got the ball back with just under a minute left and drove for a field goal that trimmed Denvers lead to six points at the half. Osweiler was warming up for the second half when Manning made what coach John Fox called a cavalry entrance and played the rest of the way in Denvers 22-10 win.Osweiler entered his last game under very different circumstances.The Broncos were up 40-14 when he trotted out with 4:20 remaining. On third-and-10 from the Oakland 44, Osweiler hit Green with a deep pass over the middle.I was rooting for him to score, Osweiler said. As soon as I threw it, I was like, Go! Go! Go! Go!Charles Woodson, however, dragged down Green at the 6.I was so disappointed. I thought Id let a huge opportunity slip away, Green said Tuesday.On third-and-goal from the 1, offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase called for a pass play and the Osweiler-to-Green score was both meaningless and signifficant.ddddddddddddt was kind of the monkey off my back, Osweiler said.Manning was thrilled for his backups breakthrough.It was his kind of call on that touchdown, Osweiler said. We were all trying to get Virgil a score, and we were all talking on the sideline. He (Manning) thought up the concept to get him in the end zone, so he was happy for the both of us.Green, a fourth-year tight end, kept the ball for his mantle.Thats OK with me, Osweiler said. He waited longer for it, so thats all his.Besides, Osweiler now heads into the playoffs feeling both a sense of accomplishment and relief, two things that could come in handy if he has to take any significant snaps in the post-season.Its huge, Osweiler said. It finally got the bad taste out of my mouth.Osweiler finished 2-for-2 for 39 yards and a perfect 158.3 passer rating something Manning has accomplished three times in his 17-year NFL career, the last one coming on Jan. 4, 2004, against Denver in the playoffs.Yeah, you know I only had two pass attempts, so I wont ride that too much, but Ill take it for now, Osweiler said. And its something to build upon.Osweiler said he trusts that if he has to spell Manning in the post-season the Broncos wont have to pump the brakes on their offence, although they might tailor some things to his skill set.Obviously, he has 17 years experience and I havent even started a single game. But once again, Im very confident in my abilities, Osweiler said. I study, I prepare just like Im a starter every week. So, I cant say that there wouldnt be a fall-off, but I can promise you Im going to do everything in my power to make sure there isnt.Notes: Manning took the day off Tuesday along with WRs Demaryius Thomas (finger), Emmanuel Sanders (back) and Wes Welker. Also out: LG Orlando Franklin (head), S David Bruton Jr. (head, neck) and RB Juwan Thompson (hip, knee). ... The Broncos practice again Wednesday before getting a three-day furlough.___AP NFL website:
and
' ' '
Adv

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2019 03:59:02    Post subject: Adv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    batteriepiles Forum Index -> Forum di prova All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: